Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Twilight Tuesday: What's been keeping me sane



As many of you already know, my mom had cancer on her lungs, and had major surgery to remove it, and has had complications. I haven't really been on the blog lately, and haven't much felt like reading review books either...

So I have been revisiting what made me discover that there was such a thing as book blogs to begin with, and what really got me back into reading: Twilight.
It is my favorite love story and I love the idea of the family, and friendship in it as well. It just gives me the warm and fuzzies every time I read or watch.

So I have watched all of the movies, read what is published of Midnight Sun (and dang it Stephanie needs to finish that already), and gone back to another one of my discoveries after Twilight: fanfiction. There is just something about the characters that I never want to give up. So I have found some really good writers and story concepts out there, and it makes me love it even more because I feel like I am spending time in the heads of my fave characters.

I re-read: Wide Awake and In the Blink of an Eye.
I also found a great thread where people listed their top 3 fave Twifics and discovered:
Beyond Time By: TKegl
Midnight Sun Continued By: ForksVampireGirl
Written in the stars by lissa bryan
 Harkham's corner (had to download) and liked it, but not as much as the above.


Why Twilight Tuesdays?
I really loved the storytelling and the characters, and the romance. It all made me have that drive to read more and find out what happened next. It also led me to blogging, because I found some awesome blogs that had lists of books to read after Twilight, and though I dealt with Post-Awesome-Book-Depression because the Twilight series gave me all the feels, eventually I found others that tickled my fancy with the help of my library and book bloggers with awesome recs and reviews.
Disclaimer: Okay. I am sure this has been hosted somewhere, but a quick search didn't show anything current in the blogosphere. Let me know if you know of somewhere. But I am not making it a hop or anything, so hopefully not stepping on any toes.
Did find out MTV used to do one of same name:
http://www.mtv.com/news/2429987/our-official-tv-announcement-of-twilight-tuesdays/


Any fanfics you love? Any ideas for future Twilight Tuesdays?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)