Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday 6/6


Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted over at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating

This week, I'm featuring:
Anything But Ordinary

Anything But Ordinary by Lara Avery
An inspiring, bittersweet love story about making every day count.
Bryce remembers it like it was yesterday. The scent of chlorine. The blinding crack and flash of pain. Blood in the water.
When she wakes up in the hospital, all Bryce can think of is her disastrous Olympic diving trial. But everything is different now. Bryce still feels seventeen, so how can her little sister be seventeen, too? Life went on without her while Bryce lay in a coma for five years. Her best friend and boyfriend have just graduated from college. Her parents barely speak. And everything she once dreamed of doing—winning a gold medal, traveling the world, falling in love—seems beyond her reach.
But Bryce has changed too, in seemingly impossible ways. She knows things she shouldn’t. Things that happened while she was asleep. Things that haven’t even happened yet. During one luminous summer, as she comes to understand that her dreams have changed forever, Bryce learns to see life for what it truly is: extraordinary.

What are you waiting on?

7 comments:

  1. Well, I work at a hospital and I'm not sure I could appreciate this book for what its worth. It does sound like it has some real unique perspectives, but I don't think its quite my style. It s a great pick for WOW and I appreciate the introduction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds interesting...but like the sort of book that is either going to be great or meh. Will be keeping an eye out though.

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    Vikki @ V's Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, sounds amazing. I hadn't heard of this one before. I like the premise a lot, so I'm sure it will be an intense/interesting read.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh that looks intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds good! I'll definitely be on the look out for an excerpt.

    My WOW
    Safari Poet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post:) it looks very colorful. ‘Anything but Ordinary’ is very interesting Lara and the concept of the story is awesome and I liked it:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cover for this is so eye-catching with that gorgeous blue and the position of the body-very different! Plus the blurb sounds really interesting too.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)