Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Review: Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe

Destiny's Fire
Destiny's Fire by Trisha Wolfe
It’s the year 2040, and sixteen-year-old Dez Harkly is one of the last of her kind—part of a nearly extinct race of shape-shifters descended from guardians to the Egyptian pharaohs. Her home and her secret are threatened when the Council lowers the barrier, allowing the enemy race to enter the Shythe haven.
As the Narcolym airships approach, Dez and her friends rebel against their Council and secretly train for battle. Not only is Dez wary of war and her growing affection for her best friend Jace, but she fears the change her birthday will bring. When Dez’s newfound power rockets out of control, it’s a Narcolym who could change her fate… if she can trust him.
Dez’s guarded world crumbles when she discovers why the Narcos have really come to Haven Falls, and she's forced to choose between the race who raised her and the enemy she's feared her whole life.
Publishes in US: Jan 10 2012
Source: author
My Review:


Wow. That is the one word I'm left with!

 Trish is a friend of mine, and I feel so lucky that I got to be a part of reading this story before it was published! I knew that Trish was talented, and she had amazing stories to share, and I'm so proud of her that she's on the shelves and more people get to read her awesomeness.

Destiny's fire was amazing. I love Dez's character. She has spunk and she's strong, all those traits that I admire and wish I had more of. She is relatable, and she has a great voice.

Destiny's Fire has so much action, and everything flows together so wonderfully. There are some truly hot scenes, and the plot is paced perfectly.

I like the secondary characters too- Lana is a great friend with her own personality. I also like Mr. Liam--I love that they have an ally with him, and that he helped out so much.

Book boys slight spoiler: Both of the guys are awesome, and I lean towards Jace for myself, but I do think that Dez is perfect with Reese. 




3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear how awesome this book is! I absolutely can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review!! Might keep this one on my watch list since my TBR pile is out of control!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love books that make me say "Wow". :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)