Friday, August 12, 2011

Review: Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout

Half-Blood (Covenant, #1)

Half-Blood by Jennifer Armentrout
The Hematoi descend from the unions of gods and mortals, and the children of two Hematoi pure-bloods have godlike powers. Children of Hematoi and mortals well, not so much. Half-bloods only have two options: become trained Sentinels who hunt and kill daimons or become servants in the homes of the pures.
Seventeen-year-old Alexandria would rather risk her life fighting than waste it scrubbing toilets, but she may end up slumming it anyway. There are several rules that students at the Covenant must follow. Alex has problems with them all, but especially rule #1:
Relationships between pures and halfs are forbidden.
Unfortunately, she's crushing hard on the totally hot pure-blood Aiden. But falling for Aiden isn't her biggest problem--staying alive long enough to graduate the Covenant and become a Sentinel is. If she fails in her duty, she faces a future worse than death or slavery: being turned into a daimon, and being hunted by Aiden. And that would kind of suck.

Publishes in US: Sept 15th 2011
Source: publisher for honest review-- thanks Spencer Hill :)
1st in Series Pure releases in 2012

My Review:

  This is an amazing story that I did not want to put down. I was at the OB and wished he would have taken even longer at the hospital because it was quiet reading time. This is a 2011 must read!
   The characters are awesome and I was sad when I got to the last page, because it'll be awhile before I can spend time with them again. Alex is an amazing main character, and I loved her attitude and determination. She is one of the kick ass strong female characters that I love to read about and would love to be. Aiden is a heart throb and I love how strong he is. Even though the relationship is forbidden I love those unbridled moments where we get to see into his heart and his thoughts. Caleb is a great best friend and the lengths he goes to to protect and be there for Alex is amazing, I really wish that I could have a few more friends like that. And speaking of characters, I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Seth. The intrigue and the absolute power that surrounds him is so well written and I never knew what to expect or exactly what was going on with him.
   The plot is amazing, I was constantly guessing and couldn't wait to turn the page to find out what happens next!
   I def recommend to put this on your tbr, and to pick it up the second it releases!!! Jennifer has written a masterpiece!

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, this sounds really good! I've only heard good things about it so I must pick it up once it's released :) Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so super good. This sounds like the kind of book I'd love. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I read this one this week as well! Wasn't posting my review til October though! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the very first buzz started I fell in love, glad to know will have a reading treat when I do get my hands on the book Brandi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading this one! like it so far, of course it reminds me of Vampire Academy..but I'm not complaining, it's so good!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)