Thursday, June 9, 2011

Character interview with Olivia of Amaretto Flame


This post is part of the Teen Book Scene tour 


Amaretto Flame (Eagleton Coven)
Amaretto Flame by Sammie Spencer
Olivia has spent her life learning about her enemies, the deadly Venator - including how to kill them. What she knows nothing about is whiskey, playing poker, or rugged, copper-haired musicians. As punishment for a small 'crime,' Olivia is sent to a safe house in a human town and forced to live as one of them for a summer. There, she meets the charming Jackson Vance, and her real education begins. She soon discovers that she's being hunted, and figuring out why means she uncovers a secret that threatens to end everything she's ever fought for.
Published in US: Mar 24th 2011
Character interview with Olivia

--Did you ever see Everett as more than a best friend or brother? At the beginning of your story, I honestly thought he’d be the love interest.
*giggles* Everett occupies a huge part of my heart, but not the romantic center of it! He's my best friend in every way and I love him to death, but for love? Eek.

--Can you describe your relationship with Ivanna? How did it change when you were sent away? How do you view it now?
When I left Eagleton, I didn't know what my relationship with Ivanna was. That was an odd feeling, since she had always treated me as a favorite. Now, I understand that everything Ivanna has done was to protect me. I think I have a lot to learn about the decisions one must make as High-Priestess.

--Forgiveness is a big theme in Amaretto Flame, can you tell us a little about how you were able to forgive yourself?
You know, I had never really known there was anything to forgive, but there was. I was punishing myself for things that were not my fault and it was a hard and a conscious decision to forgive myself. I don't think that I've completely mastered forgiveness yet (even for myself), but I'm working on it every day.

--Where do you see things going with Jackson?
*grins* I don't know. I have never felt this way. It's like walking around blindly and hoping you don't stub your toe. I just know that I don't want to be away from him!

--Have you ever wanted to play an instrument? Which one?
I haven't had the chance to learn how to play an instrument. I'm not sure I'd have the talent to make it work. Ha! I guess if I could learn anything it would be the drums.

--What’s your favorite book?
I don't read much, but I guess King Arthur stories would be my favorite. I love Morgan le Fay.



1 comment:

  1. Loved this interview! Now I want to read the book! Thanks for the unique introduction to Olivia.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)