Monday, April 18, 2011

Review: Die for Me by Amy Plum

Die for Me (Revenants, #1)
Die for Me by Amy Plum



My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart—as well as my life and my family's—in jeopardy for a chance at love?

Publishes in US: May 10th 2011
1st in Revenants series
Source: Netgalley

My Review:
   This is a beautifully written debut, about love and loss. Kate is a great main character. Her voice is compelling and I was drawn into her story, and cared about her almost immediately. Her grief was believable and written in a haunting and memorable way. 
   Vincent is mysterious, and the secrets that he guards are hard to swallow for Kate, which makes things seem all the more real though. I really like how she falls for him though, and how things work out. 
   The secondary characters like Jules and Charlotte really make this story rounded. They add to the story and have their own personalities and pasts. 
   Die for me left me wanting more but at the same time wrapped this storyline up nicely. 
I'd love to hear what you think of my review and/or this book.
Here's my video review:

14 comments:

  1. Great review. Glad to hear that the character sounds so realistic. And I do love a mysterious bad boy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this book! I am so glad you did as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you do video reviews for the books as well as a text review! I don't think I could do a video one--I'm not sure I could form coherent enough thoughts. Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review!!! I'm looking forward to reading "Die For Me". :D It looks and sounds so good. Glad you enjoyed it.

    -Please stop by my blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brandi, thanks for sharing this. The cover is beautiful and the story sounds nice.

    CJ @ Coffee N Crackers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this review. Maybe I should add it to my goodreads TBR pile.
    Is that a nook you're using? Just curious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Kindle but the picture is from my Droid.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice review. This was on my TBR pile, mostly because I love the cover. Sounds like the story is just as good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot wait to read this book! I have it on my NOOK right now, but your review is pushing it to my priority TBR pile...yes I have a priority TBR pile =D Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome review! This books looks really, really good! I need to read it before netgalley month is over and I lose my motivation haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. i really want to read this book. it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'll get it just for the cover... sad but true I am such a coverholic.

    Thanks for the review and it gave me an insight to what the reading journey will include.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Do you know I still need to read this book? but well now it's in my TBR pile, so I'm sure I'll do it one day lol. Thanks for this hreat review!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooooo I really like this book! I won it from Amy, and I have to say, for a book about "dead" people, I really like it!!!!! France is sooo beautifully described in this book!!! I believe Amy lives there, so it makes sense that she would have such a good feel of the setting. I love the characters too. Great debut!!! I have Until I Die and loved it. Great review!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)