Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Review: Adversary by Kate Kaynak

Adversary (Ganzfield, #2) Adversary by Kate Kaynak
Things are more dangerous than they seem at Ganzfield, and not everyone will survive. Does Maddie have what it takes? See what happens next in the sequel to Minder. 
Published: Aug 20 2010
Book 2 of Ganzfield series (Book 3 Legacy releases Jan 28 2011)
Kate's sites are here and here
Book link goes to Book Depository and teaser and book photo from Goodreads

**My Rating: 5/5**

*My Review*
Minder left me breathless-- and Adversary did not disappoint. I get nervous with second books-- but this one is NOT filler in any way, the action starts quickly and doesn't let go. It answers some questions and then left me with more.
It is beyond belief what happens in the first chapters but I did not see it coming at all. I almost had to wonder if it was really necessary, but it just shows how dangerous and single minded the enemy is. I can't really say more except I felt the pain that characters felt, and it was hard to get through.
Maddie is a dynamic character, and she keeps her strong leadership and sense of injustice at bullying and manipulation of people. Her and Trevor's relationship is taken to new levels, and they learn to love and protect each other in new ways. Kate has a way of writing their scenes making me wish that I could soulmate, and feeling like I am the one with telepathy, peeking into their hot and intimate moments. (It is all appropriate, nothing vulgar or obscene, similar to Minder with their energies being the main focus in the writing, but it is enough to make me jealous!
We meet a new character, Zack and I am still not sure what to feel about him. He is a charm who took things a little too far, and then felt regret after, but I am still wondering what sort of role he will play in the future of the series. He does serve to teach Maddie more about g-positives, but I can't really say much more.
Isaiah plays a bigger role in this one, and I hate him even more. He is even more powerful, and I am curious as to his weaknesses.
There is a teaser chapter for Legacy, and it is ridiculously foreshadowing and made me want to know what was going on, and if it was indeed what it looked like, and if so... what that means for Maddie and the series.
This is another amazing book, and Kate writes with beauty and fluidity. Her characters are real to me, and the way she writes them, I laugh with them, mourn with them, and am joyful with them. I recommend to read Minder if you haven't already and pick this one up!!


What did you think of this book and/or my review?

8 comments:

  1. This sounds so so so amazing! Excellent review! You make me want this book so badly now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. agree agree agree. i just finished adversary today and omg it was ah-mazing. but the book 3 teaser was just cruel. can. not. wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reviewing, Brandi!

    I'm so glad you enjoyed Adversary. I've got to admit, I squelched down a burst of evil laughter when I read your part about the teaser chapter. I don't like to write cliffhangers, since I think every book in a series should give some closure, but I have no problem giving people a hint at what's coming in the next book.

    Take care! - Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review! It made me want to read the first book in the series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, I want to read this so bad. And your review made me even more eager to read it. This was a fun review. And very convincing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! I really need to order this one because I loved Minder. I'm happy to hear that Kate does not disappoint with the sequel :D

    Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read the first one but plan to. I'm so glad the second book lived up to the first!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pokies online
    I type of have the same sensation with Shush, Shush. I really really like the sequence, but I still haven't gotten to the last two guides, but simultaneously I am not actually in a hurry to either.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you! (I always try to visit your blog back) I love links, so feel free to link to your blog or a post you like.
Sorry, but I am award and tag free zone, I do not have the time to return. Comments are reward enough :)